The ARES Scholarships in Belgium for developing countries is now available for you today.
If you are among the people waiting for this scholarship to be out this year again, you should go through this piece.
Scholarships have always served as an opportunity for eligible students around the world to study their dream courses.
Among them is the ARES International Full Scholarship Program, which seeks to benefit and support foreign applicants who dream and study in Belgium.
It is carried out and executed in conjunction with different universities and institutes of the nation, as mentioned earlier.
This scholarship allows you to get a master’s degree for a year or about six months refresher course at Wallonia-Brussels, Belgium.
About the Award
The ARES Scholarships in Belgium for developing countries were established due to the Belgian policy for development cooperation.
It was created for students from developing countries who are preparing for both postgraduate and training programs.
There are many international standards and globally acceptable courses that can be studied with ARES scholarships. All you need is to be eligible for the program.
Number of Awards
This award is available for 220 applicants, where 150 are masters, and 70 are training scholarships. Therefore, you may be lucky to have one of them.
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
Universities and institutions related to the ARES program in Belgium.
The ARES international program scholarship covers international travel expenses, living expenses, registration fees, insurance, and housing subsidies. Besides, you will enjoy quality education in a conducive environment.
Levels and Areas of Studies
Have you been wondering worth kind of field you can explore if you were selected for this scholarship? Don’t worry, and you will get them here!
The award covers the entirety of a master’s course or advanced training study that lasts from four (4) to six (6) weeks. You can study these courses in the following areas shown below;
- Masters of Specialization in Environment, Development, and Societies
- Specialized Masters in Human Rights
- Master of Specialization in Disaster Management and Risk
- Specialized Masters in Aquatic Resource Management and Aquaculture
- Master of Specialization in Integrated Management of Health Risks in the Global South (IManHR)
- Master of Specialization in Microfinance
- Master of Specialization in International Development
- Specialized Masters in Transfusion Medicine
- Master of Specialization in the preservation and integrated production of natural resources in urban and rural areas
- Master of Specialization in Public Health Methodology
- Specialized Masters in Public Health – Methods of Research Applied to Global Health
- Specialized Master of Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Master of Specialization in Transport and Logistics
Acceptable subject Areas (Training)
- Internship in control and quality assurance of health products and medicines.
- Internship Program in Geographic Information System
- Research Program to Strengthen Health Systems
- Internship program in secondary resource development for sustainable construction
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in farming
Like was indicate in the title, this scholarship is only available for international students in developing countries. Therefore, if you are a citizen of Belgium, then you shouldn’t bother to apply. Applicants from the following nations can apply to the program;
- Nationals of Benin
- Burkina Faso
- Ethiopia (only for training courses in English)
- Haiti, Madagascar
- Morocco, Niger
- the Philippines
- the DR Congo
Eligibility Criteria for ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
I doubt if there any scholarship online without their eligibility criteria. So, you shouldn’t find it surprising to see what it takes to be considered for this scholarship below;
- You must be an international student from any of the nations mentioned above.
- You must be under 40 years of age to apply for the full-time master’s degree and not exceed 45 for the advanced course.
- Possess relevant professional experience in a developing country of at least two (2) years after graduate studies, or three (3) years after their studies if the applicant has obtained a graduate degree from a university in a country industrialized.
- You must have gotten a diploma equivalent to a graduate-level from an institution in Belgium.
- Submit the formal application to the full-time master’s degree or advanced course through the ARES international financial support project’s official website.
- You can apply for just a single training course.
- Having a broad command of spoken and written French, you must have a certificate that supports it. In case of not handling it most appropriately, the ARES program will insist that the applicant commits learning French to participate in daily life in Belgium.
Meanwhile, it is essential to let you know that your other requirements depend on your study course.
How to Apply for ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Having gone through all that has been discussed about the scholarship, it was evident that you want to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Visit the official ARES Scholarship website here.
- Navigate to the ‘how to apply section’ and follow the instructions shown to you.
- Enter the following information at the time of formal registration: academic transcripts, previously obtained university degrees, certificate of French language proficiency, copies of passport, personal statement, among others.
To learn more, visit the official website of the ARES international program.
Knowing the deadline for ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries will help you be prepared for the application process. Therefore the first date is until January 15, 2021, and the second date is until February 5, 2021.
Meanwhile, the scholarship has been opened since the 1st of October 2020.
The ARES scholarship is one of the best around the world today. If you are a foreign student from any of the developing countries mentioned earlier, don’t hesitate to put everything discussed today to practice.
We notice that there are a lot of searches for this particular scholarship program. You can help us reach these people faster by using the social buttons below. Meanwhile, let us know what you think about the ARES Scholarships in Belgium for developing countries in the comment section below. Thanks