The Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
The Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students is organized by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and it is addressed to international Master and PhD students.
This scholarship accepts applicants from developing countries who are less than the age of 25 and require a master degree. They are also open to all applicants below 30 years of age who need a PhD degree.
Although, I learnt about this scholarship at the Campus France exhibition in the fall of 2019 from representatives of the EDHEC School.
They made it clear that only an educational institution can apply for the Eiffel scholarship. Meanwhile, you can apply directly through these educational institutions.
Don’t worry, more about the application will be made known to you as you read through!
Studying in France
France belongs to one of the developed European countries. This country is known for its rich culture and conducive environment. This is the more reason, I see a lot of people develop an interest in studying in France.
Therefore, one of the major opportunities is applying for Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students.
French Academic Institutions and Universities
Available Programs/Courses – Master’s degree programme, and Engineering programme, or a PhD programme in four different areas.
- Economics and management.
- Engineering sciences at Masters’ level – Sciences for Doctorate/PhD level like mathematics, chemistry, physical and life sciences, nano and biotechnologies, space and environmental sciences, Earth, information sciences and technologies and communication.
- Political sciences.
- A master student will receive a monthly allowance of €1,181, get maintenance allowance of €1,031, and monthly cash worth €150. All these are to be received for 12 to 36 months.
- A PhD student will receive a monthly allowance of €1,400 till 30th of December 2020 and then start receiving €1,700 monthly from the 1st of January, 2021.
Meanwhile, there are some other programmes set up to reduce your expenses where some of them are highlighted below.
- International return trip.
- Health insurance.
- National and local transport.
- Cultural activities.
- Housing allowance.
Although, it is important to note that the tuition fees are not included in the Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students.
Eligibility Criteria for the Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
Commonly, most scholarship programs have their eligibility programmes whereas the Eiffel scholarships are not exempted. So you should see them below;
- You must be a non-French citizen for you to be eligible for this scholarship. This is also applicable to scholars with double citizenship where one of them is French.
- The only acceptable application is the one through an established French institution. These said institutions will take charge of your scholarship enrollment and it’s related. However, you are not allowed to through two institutions, except you want to be disqualified.
- You must not be older 25years if you are applying in this year 2020 for the master’s level program. While for the Ph.D., you should be 30 years or below.
- The courses discussed earlier are available for you to study. But you should be aware that French courses are not allowed.
- If you have already applied for another scholarship under the French government, then you are not eligible for the Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students.
- For the masters level scholarship, you are not eligible if;
- You have been rejected in your previous application for this scholarship.
- You have recently been awarded this scholarship, even if you are applying for another course.
- For the PhD level scholarship, you are not eligible if;
- You have previously been awarded the Eiffel scholarships by any French Institution.
- Your previous application was rejected, even if you are applying for a different course.
- You must ensure that you meet that language requirements as a non-French citizen.
How to Apply for the Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
I hope you have been able to confirm your eligibility from the section above. But before you fully dive into the application of this scholarship, you are expected to prepare some required documents like CV, motivation letter for the program, essays for the Eiffel scholarship, transcript of grades, IELTS and GMAT tests, and 2 letters of recommendation.
Although the GMAT is not required for this scholarship it is required for admission to the program. All information on the application procedure for the scholarships is presented on the Campus France website: http://www.campusfrance.org/en/Eiffel
Applications are only made by French Higher Institutions. It is open from November/December 2020 while the deadline for application is January 8, 2021. Meanwhile, you should expect the announcement of the results around March 2021.
What You Can Do to Standout
You can make a solid resume and motivation letter that will show a responsible person and a versatile personality who can successfully able to combine work, study and other projects.
Secondly, France selects talented people from developing countries. My strong point is to have a solid work experience which must have been demonstrated in motivation and resume.
You must have clear goals, know what you want, and clearly understand what kind of career track you would have.
How this Scholarship Can Help You Find Employment
The status of the Eiffel laureate will be reflected in your CV, and I think it is important for employment, especially if you stay in France. Perhaps it will also help you with admission to the MBA program.
Internship Opportunities in France
There is a pool of companies where you can go which include; BCG Gamma, headquarters in Paris, Accenture, and other promising startups.
The Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students is one of the most prestigious in the country. They have a mouthwatering scholarship value and they are open to most non-French students around the world. Therefore, if you have friends and families searching for scholarship opportunities, you can share this article with them but don’t forget to let us know what you think about the Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students in the comment section below. Thanks