Let’s discuss the best essential oils for adrenal fatigue in this article today.
If you are experiencing joint pain, feeling tired, craving salt and sugar, unable to concentrate for several days/weeks, then you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
This fatigue can be occasional, linked to a lack of sleep, to a period of overwork at work, to particular events (for example exams among students) and many other reasons!
It can also be chronic, occur in the morning on awakening and last for several days or even weeks. In this case, it is often caused by prolonged stress which will permanently exhaust the body.
Either way, essential oils are a good solution because they have toning and invigorating properties. Some also have a hormone-like action (they mimic the action of certain hormones) allowing in-depth action on the causes of fatigue.
How Essential Oils Can Reduce Adrenal Fatigue
The path to full recovery should focus on reducing stress and anxiety, as well as improving your lifestyle and diet.
One of those lifestyle habits that are easiest to incorporate is using essential oils for adrenal fatigue. Their scents stimulate a relaxation response that helps the body return to a healthy balance faster and more efficiently.
The strong smell causes physical changes in the body as oils to penetrate the blood-brain barrier and causes the brain to release hormones that adapt to the signals it receives.
The below are ways to use essential oils;
- Inhale – Apply a few drops of essential oil to a cotton pad and inhale deeply. Repeat two to three times.
- Bathing – Fill your bath with warm water and add a cup of Epsom salt along with a few drops of essential oil. Then, you should take a bath for about twenty minutes.
- Diffuser – This method works by dispensing the essential oil molecules through the air, allowing the oils to be naturally inhaled.
- Massage – Mix six to twelve drops of essential oil in an oil such as sesame, jojoba or coconut oil and massage it into your temples, arms, shoulders, neck and lower back.
Best Essential Oils for Adrenal Fatigue
- Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is one of the most popular and versatile essential oils for adrenal fatigue. It is known for its antibacterial, antiviral and relaxing properties, as well as its positive biochemical effects on the mind and body that resemble anti-anxiety drugs.
- Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is known for its uplifting scent as well as its nirvana-like punch that acts as an antiviral, antiseptic, antidepressant and aphrodisiac.
It also acts as a nerve tonic, restoring balance and calming the system. It is a very good essential oil to combat fatigue.
Its soothing scent can be used to treat stress, anxiety and anger. As a bonus, it improves understanding and introspection, soothes respiratory conditions, and helps heal skin problems.
- Lemon Balm
Lemon Balm is extremely effective in reducing stress, anxiety and symptoms of depression.
Geranium is best known for its ability to reduce the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
It reduces inflammation and increases circulation, which in turn strengthens the immune system. This oil is quite effective in regulating hormones and mood
- Basil Oil
Basil is known for its stimulating and regenerative properties. This energizing and vitality essential oil is truly uplifting and can wake you up.
To get the maximum benefits, you should give it a little on the soles of the feet each morning and evening. If you are feeling fatigued and forgetful, you can diffuse it in your bedroom for immediate effect.
- Wild Orange Oil
If you are feeling very depressed, you can smell wild orange essential oil to feel better right away. It is also very effective for concentration and stress.
If you are having trouble falling asleep, the sleep is not refreshing, or you wake up exhausted, diffuse Wild Orange Essential Oil to support your adrenal glands for better quality sleep.
- Angelica Oil
Angelica oil is capable of strengthening the body’s defence system. The constant stress associated with adrenal fatigue can weaken immunity and make you more prone to infection.
To strengthen the immune system, you can use this oil mixed with a little coconut oil as aromatherapy or add a few drops in the bathroom for a relaxing and rejuvenating effect.
- Grapefruit Oil
Fresh and fragrant grapefruit oil has detoxifying properties. It is one of the most used essential oils for adrenal fatigue. Mix it with basil oil and rub a small amount on the adrenal glands that are just above the kidneys.
When you have adrenal fatigue, you may have cravings for sugary snacks. To combat these cravings add a little of it to your drinking water.
10. Black Pepper Oil
Adrenal fatigue can have many detrimental effects on the body, it can lead to indigestion and loss of sexual desire.
Both are effectively treated with black pepper oil. You should be careful when using it and it is best to take the advice of an aromatherapy expert first.
11. Jasmine Oil
Feeling stressed, irritable, and anxious is the greatest height of adrenal fatigue. If left untreated, these can cause depression. It is extremely important to deal with these mood swings sooner rather than later.
Jasmine oil has a very delicate scent and is known for its mood-lifting properties.
Other Natural Remedies for Adrenal Fatigue
Although the use of essential oils for adrenal fatigue can greatly improve its symptoms, other natural remedies are very effective.
- Eating the Right Diets
You have to eat well to beat adrenal fatigue, and you can do so by following these tips:
- Avoid foods that stress the adrenal glands and increase inflammation in the body. Reduce refined sugar, legumes, vegetable oil, and grains.
- Eat small, frequent meals and never skip a meal.
- Eat a high-protein breakfast and keep your carbohydrate intake to a minimum in the morning.
- Monitor your fluid intake. Too much fluid can affect the adrenal glands.
- It can have good fats like egg yolk, grass-fed butter, ghee, and coconut oil. Avocado and olive oil can also be had, but stay away from all other plant-based oils, nuts, and seeds.
- Try to get at least 20% of your total calories from carbohydrates from fresh fruits and vegetables.
Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided.
- Take Recovery supplements
Some of the recommended supplements are discussed below;
- Adrenal Glandular – Ancient medicine claims that consuming small amounts of adrenal glands from other animals can stimulate your adrenal glands.
You must be very careful to choose the correct product from an authentic source and not consume large quantities.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is good for adrenal fatigue symptoms. There are a variety of vitamin C supplements available on the market. Try to choose the herbal one.
- Pastured Beef, Chicken, or Pork Liver: Pastured liver is rich in nutrients and has vitamin A, which helps stimulate the adrenal glands.
- Changes in lifestyle
Below are some tips to help you get a better lifestyle;
- Have a set time to go to bed, preferably 10 pm, and follow it every day.
- Don’t tire yourself unnecessarily and avoid strenuous physical activities and exercises for at least a month. Take a walk and gradually start strengthening routines.
- Try to relax and give yourself a break from the daily routine. Give yourself an hour each day to do what you enjoy the most.
At this point, I believe you now know the essential oils for adrenal fatigue. So ensure you share it with your colleagues online.