Have you been wondering what to eat after a tooth extraction?
Probably, you’ve just had a tooth surgery or recently got your wisdom tooth removed for reasons best known to you.
Yes, it is normal for you to be sceptical about the diets that go through your oral cavity. Anyway, you don’t have to worry about that because we have carefully selected some diets that are best for you.
Well, these foods are particularly based on their texture and how spicy they are. You don’t expect someone who recently had a tooth extraction to start chewing and eating spicy foods.
So, below are what to eat after a tooth extraction.
7 Foods to Eat After a Tooth Extraction
- Greek Yogurt – Aside from the fact that this yoghurt has a creamy texture best for a person who just had a tooth surgery, it is also known to contain some major protein nutrients that are capable of giving you a quick recovery.
There is also the presence of an essential mineral known as zinc which has the proven to promote the healing of wounds.
Even if we have other foods that are highly rich in zinc, the truth is that most of them are too solid for someone that just had a tooth extraction.
Therefore, Greek Yogurt is one of the best foods to eat after tooth extraction.
- Blended Soup – Yes, eating thoroughly blended soups can be the best choice for you if you have just had a tooth extraction.
But you should ensure that the soup is not too hot to consume and has little or no spices.
However, you should consider soups that its ingredient is rich in essential vitamins.
Therefore, blended vegetable soups shouldn’t be a bad idea either. If possible, you can make them cold.
- Mashed Potatoes – There is no doubt that potatoes are sweet solid foods but they can become soft when they are mashed.
Mashed Potatoes can be the best option for you on this list because it can help you get filled compared to other foods. An exception is if you are not a fan of potatoes.
They are also known to be rich in calories and nutrients that can help speed up the recovery process. Therefore, this is a nice diet in case you are still asking what to eat after a tooth extraction.
- Scrambled Eggs – Eggs belong to the list of foods that can that is known to have the most essential nutrients for the body. It also has a soft texture that makes it edible for those that just had their tooth removed.
There seeing scrambled eggs on this list shouldn’t be surprising to you. Some of the nutrients found in eggs include the essential vitamins, minerals, and proteins which all come together to promote wound healing.
All that is required of you is to ensure that the eggs are properly boiled and scrambled so that it is easy for you to chew and swallow.
- Mashed Bananas – Here comes one of the most popular fruits in the world today. It known for its irresistible taste and soft texture.
Therefore, if you are already a fan of bananas, I guess you would be glad to find it on this list today.
Bananas have been proven to contain some essential minerals and nutrients that are capable of speeding up the recovery process. Some of these nutrients include zinc, vitamins, manganese, folates and many others.
So you can get some bananas at the nearest market around you, mash them to your taste, and enjoy your meal.
- Avocados – Here is another popular diet on our list today. You will hardly miss avocados on any list of essential diets because they are good for the body system generally.
Avocados have been known to contain nutrients and minerals like potassium, vitamin C, Vitamin K, and many others.
Meanwhile, the potassium and Vitamin K are one of the most recommended minerals for the proper functioning of the teeth, the Vitamin C can promote wound healing and other nutrients.
Aside from that, you cannot deny the fact that Avocados are soft and can be convenient for anyone who just had a tooth extraction.
- Cottage Cheese – Well, any substance that has cheese attached to it has been known to have some soft texture which is recommended for anyone that just had their tooth removed.
Aside from its soft texture, it contains some essential minerals and vitamins but has a low number of calories.
The cottage cheese is soft and creamy which makes it a good food to eatafter tooth extraction. It is also rich in proteins which can make the recovery fast.
You can choose to incorporate with diets like scrambled eggs and smoothies.
What to Avoid After a Tooth Extraction
I believe that you were able to find more than one food that you can eat after tooth extraction.
Therefore, it’s time to show you what to avoid after tooth extraction.
So ensure you check them out below;
- Avoid the intake of alcohol or drinks that contain alcohol
- Avoid eating hard foods that require you to chew
- Crunchy snacks like popcorn, chips, nuts, should be avoided
- If you are to take proteins, don’t chew meats. You should rather go for dairy products.
- Spicy and acidic foods should not be included in your diet plan.
Conclusion – What to Eat After a Tooth Extraction
At this point, I believe you must have stopped wondering what to eat after tooth extraction. Anyway, everything boils down to eating foods that have soft textures and rich in some essential nutrients to speed up the healing process.
Meanwhile, you should ensure that you share this article with other people searching for what to eat after a tooth extraction online. This can be done by using the social share buttons below.
Don’t forget to use the comment section to let us know what you think about the foods that are recommended here.
If you have better substitutes? You can let us know them and why you chose them. Thanks
ALSO READ – Flat Tummy Exercises to Do at Home